LG Smart TV works on webOS operating system, its not based on android. Every one common question is How do I install third-party apps on my LG Smart TV which are not available in the LG Content Store? To cast the third-party apps on your LG Smart TV, you must use streaming devices like Firestick, roku tv or Google Chromecast.
LG content store with which you can install applications on your LG television. Like smartphones, Smart TV gives you instant access to various videos, music, photos, and applications. However, smart TV functionality, including app installation, varies from brand to brand. LG’s smart TV runs on its own platform called webOS. It has a wide range of applications, games, movies, and other media that you can access on other platforms. Almost 200 applications are available in the LG content store.
If you don’t sure how to add 3rd party apps on your LG smart tv. Here are the steps for how to add and remove apps on LG Smart TV.
How do I install apps on LG Smart TV?
Note: Active internet connection is essential for downloading applications on LG TV.
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to the Internet connection via Wifi or wired network.
(2) Open LG Content Store where you can find many movies, shows and apps.
(3) Select the Apps category and search for your application by filtering by category or using the search bar.
(4) After finding the app, select the Install to download it.
(5) Follow the instructions of apps to complete the installation. After that click on the app icon for launching the app. You can also launch the app from your TV’s home screen.
Is it possible to download third-party applications on LG Smart TV?
Well, the answer is NO. As it runs on webOS, there is no option to download or upload apps from unknown sources. You can download the applications that are only available in the LG content store. To cast the third-party apps on your LG Smart TV, you must use streaming devices like Firestick or Google Chromecast.
How to install third-party applications on your GOOGLE CHROMECAST
1. Connect the Chromecast to your TV using the HDMI cable that came in the box and plugging it into an electrical outlet.
2. Install the Google Home app on your cell phone. To do this, download the Google Home app on any Android or iOS device.
3. Make sure you connect your mobile device or tablet to the same Wi-Fi network that you are going to use to configure the Chromecast device.
4. Open Google Home.
5. At the top left of the main screen of the Google Home app, tap Add Configure device and then Configure new devices.
6. Add your Wifi network and enter the password. Remember that both must work with the same network, otherwise you will not be able to send content to that television.
7. Assign the place where the television is located
8. When you do, you will see a code appear on your TV screen. If you view it on your smartphone, then everything will be complete.
9. Finally, open YouTube or any application that plays videos and you will see that, in the corner of the clip, you can see a kind of screen. Press it, choose the Chromecast and voila, you’ll see everything on TV.
How to add third-party applications on your Amazon Fire TV Stick
We are going to explain how to install third-party applications on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. When we explained how to install applications, we saw that the Amazon dongle uses an internal repository instead of Google Play when it comes to allowing you to install apps. This gives you more control to make sure your applications are secure, but it limits your catalogue quite a bit.
Activate apps of unknown origin first
Before installing third-party applications, you have to configure the Amazon Fire TV Stick to accept and install them.
To do this, in the main menu press up with the knob, and when you are in the upper options select the Configuration option (1). Once in the configuration, click on the My Fire TV option (2) to enter the section where you can configure the device.
Amazon knows that this option to install third-party applications is insecure, so it has it somewhat hidden. Once you are in the My Fire TV section, select and click on Developer Options.
Once you are inside Developer Options, mark as activated the two options that appear inside, that of Debugging ADB and that of Apps of unknown origin. When you do, especially when activating the second, you will be able to install APK files, which is how executables are called in Android.
Find and download third-party apps
The way to proceed now depends a bit on you. All you need is to use an application with which you can download APK files from the internet. Some users use Firefox directly, but you can also opt for others like Downloader. In both cases,
1. you have to go to the Categories section in the upper menu
2. click on the utility section.
3. In utilities you must choose the application you want to use and download it.
4. click on the Browser option in the left column and you will enter the browser.
5. Once you enter the browser, go to the website of the app you want to install and download its installation APK file.
6. Once downloaded, run the APK file to start the installation process.
7. press the Install button.
How do I uninstall the applications on LG Smart TV?
(1) Press the smart start button on the remote control to open the APP control panel.
(2) Navigate to the application you want to remove from your LG Smart TV.
(3) Press the Up button on your remote control and highlight the X mark.
(4) Now, press the input button on your remote.
(5) A warning popup will appear on the screen. Select the Okay menu to remove the app from your TV.